What You Will Find On This Page
Why Consider Precious Metal Investment? -
There are a number of reasons why precious metals and in particular gold is considered a viable investment.
Here Are Three Reasons Why The Market IS Volatile Right Now
- Markets are far more volatile now in the wake of Brexit. Britain has voted to leave the EU and other European countries may follow, sending world markets into turmoil. The U.S. Stock market dropped over 600 points or 3% on June 24th 2016 after this historic referendum on the implications this could have for American businesses and exports. Global markets saw similar declines. When the next crisis unfolds, the declines could be larger.
- The U.S. Government has its Eye on Retirement Accounts. In 2010 Portugal seized retirement account assets to help plug holes with government deficits and debt. Ireland and France did the same in 2011, as did Poland in 2013. The U.S. government has been watching. Since 2011, Treasury has taken money from government workers’ pension funds on four separate occasions to cover deficits in federal spending. Investing billionaire legend Jim Rogers believes that private accounts will be the next ones the government raids.
- Top 5 US Banks Now Larger Than Before the Crisis. You learned about the five largest banks in the U.S. and their systemic importance as the unfolding financial crisis threatened to collapse them. Legislators and regulators promised they would address this issue once the crisis was contained. Over five years after the crisis ended, the five biggest banks are even bigger and more critical to the system than before the crisis began. The government made the problem worse when it forced some of these so-called “too big to fail” banks to absorb the failing ones. Any of these banking behemoths failing now would be absolutely catastrophic.
ARE YOU ProtectING YOURSELF & YOUR Assets AGAINST FURTHER VOLATILITY?
It used to be the case that there was very little we could do with regards to protecting ourselves against the likes of market collapse, monetary failure and bank closure. Now these are not everyday occurrences and this is not about scaremongering, but while it does happen, whenever it happens, thanks to deregulation in certain aspects, we can protect ourselves and our assets as best we can.
SO HOW CAN YOU BEST INVEST FOR YOUR FUTURE?
Precious Metal Investment Opportunities
As was mentioned on our home page, there are two particular methods of investing in physical metals - 1. Owning precious metals outright, and 2. Adding precious metals to your individual retirement account to create a precious metals IRA.
On this page, we have provided you with information on the various companies you can invest with, in both methods mentioned. We have carried out extensive research to find the relevant information and data provided, and you will see that we link extensively to various sources to back up the recommendations we offer you on this page.
Option 1 -Owning precious metals outright
When it comes to metal investment, there are many firms out there in the marketplace that you can choose as your investment partner. However, we have recommended two in particular that you may want to consider. Of course, you can choose whoever you want, but we wanted to tell you about these two in particular, because of the reputation they both have within the precious metals investment niche as being the best.
Choice 1 - BullionVault
BullionVault is an online precious metal investment service which has fast become the largest of its type. As an organization, they trade in over $100 million of gold and silver a month and take care of $2 billion in assets for their 65,000 clients who come from 175 different countries around the world.
The company is in part owned by two large and highly reputable organizations. The first is Gold Bullion Investment Trust [GBIT] which became the registered owner. GBIT who is connected to the World Gold Council. The second is Augmentum Capital. Augmentum Capital is a subsidiary of RIT Capital Partners plc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
When you purchase with BullionVault, your precious metal is stored in one of five locations around the world from which you can choose as the final destination of your purchase: London; New York; Toronto; Zurich or Singapore.
What Are The Main Benefits For Purchasing Precious Metal Via BullionVault?
What Metals Do They Offer?
With BullionVault you can buy gold silver and platinum bullion. Because you buy through the live order board, you are not having to wait for a broker to get you a price (which can be inflated) you are in control of your purchases. You are purchasing bullion, so if you are into collecting coins, GoldBroker, who are mentioned below, will be your better option.
The video here, shows you the liver order board and how simple it is to purchase precious metals through BullionVault.
Choice 2 - GoldBroker -
As well as BUllionVault we are also recommending FDR Capital, also known online as Goldbroker.com who do specialize in actual bullion ownership, as well as IRA rollover (although they relatively new at this) and are in fact recognized as one of the leading international gold brokers. So if you are looking to invest in metals, other than for an IRA, you may want to consider them.
FDR Capital / Goldbroker.com was founded by entrepreneur Fabrice Drouin Ristori. They provide 100% physical ownership of silver and gold, which means they do not offer mutual or fractional ownership.
Also, what makes Goldbroker one of the leading metal providers around, is the fact that one of their board members is Mr Egon Von Greyerz. Mr Von Greyerz is the founder of Matterhorn Asset Management and is recognized within the financial sector as one of the top 5 gold fund managers worldwide.
Goldbroker.com store gold purchases in secure warehouses in Switzerland, The US, Canada and Singapore. Additionally, storage in Switzerland is within a VAT Free zone, so you do not pay value-added tax on your purchases. The storage company who keep hold of your items is independent of FDR Capital so there is no confusion over who actually owns the gold.
Benefits of buying gold through FDR Capital / Goldbroker.com are:
- You can buy physical gold and silver in bar and coin form
- You have complete ownership of the purchase
- You hold all stock in your own name with each purchase having its own unique serial number
- All storage partners are fully insured for your safety
- You can inspect your purchase at any time
- You can have home delivery once you have completed 1 years minimum secured storage
- It is stored in a VAT free zone
- There is no exit penalty whenever you wish to sell
WHAT METALS DO THEY OFFER?
The range of bullion and coins from GoldBroker include gold silver platinum and palladium. Their gold bar selection starts at 1 oz and rises up to 1 kg (they offer 3 types of 1 kg bar, Royal Canadian, Cast and standard. However, when buying coins from GoldBroker, you do have to purchase in rolls of ten rather than as one-offs. With this in mind, if you are considering small investment, other gold providers many be your better option.
Option 2 - Adding precious metals to your individual retirement account
The second option we mentioned, was concerning the option of adding precious metals to your IRA. With so many companies/providers and specialists on the market, it can be difficult to find out which one is the best to use. That's why we have provided a selection of reviews on the various leading companies for you. A great starting place as we provide the relevant information that will help you make the right decision when it comes to picking which of these companies is best for your financial future and planning your pension and a potential precious metals IRA rollover.
Please note that the content on this website does not constitute financial advice and should not be taken as such. The owner of this site may be paid to recommend various companies. The content on this website, including any positive reviews of companies, may not be neutral or independent. It is advisable to always speak to a certified financial advisor before making any investment decision.