What You Will Find On This Page
- 1 Why Consider Precious Metal Investment? -
- 2 Precious Metal Investment Opportunities
- 3 Information On The Best Precious Metals IRA Companies
- 4 Additional Things To Consider When Selecting A Gold IRA Company
Why Consider Precious Metal Investment? -
There are a number of reasons why precious metals and in particular gold is considered a viable investment.
Here Are Three Reasons Why The Market IS Volatile Right Now
- Markets are far more volatile now in the wake of Brexit. Britain has voted to leave the EU and other European countries may follow, sending world markets into turmoil. The U.S. Stock market dropped over 600 points or 3% on June 24th 2016 after this historic referendum on the implications this could have for American businesses and exports. Global markets saw similar declines. When the next crisis unfolds, the declines could be larger.
- The U.S. Government has its Eye on Retirement Accounts. In 2010 Portugal seized retirement account assets to help plug holes with government deficits and debt. Ireland and France did the same in 2011, as did Poland in 2013. The U.S. government has been watching. Since 2011, Treasury has taken money from government workers’ pension funds on four separate occasions to cover deficits in federal spending. Investing billionaire legend Jim Rogers believes that private accounts will be the next ones the government raids.
- Top 5 US Banks Now Larger Than Before the Crisis. You learned about the five largest banks in the U.S. and their systemic importance as the unfolding financial crisis threatened to collapse them. Legislators and regulators promised they would address this issue once the crisis was contained. Over five years after the crisis ended, the five biggest banks are even bigger and more critical to the system than before the crisis began. The government made the problem worse when it forced some of these so-called “too big to fail” banks to absorb the failing ones. Any of these banking behemoths failing now would be absolutely catastrophic. Check out this full list of 10 reasons why the market is volatile right now
ARE YOU ProtectING YOURSELF & YOUR Assets AGAINST FURTHER VOLATILITY?
It used to be the case that there was very little we could do with regards to protecting ourselves against the likes of market collapse, monetary failure and bank closure. Now these are not everyday occurrences and this is not about scaremongering, but while it does happen, whenever it happens, thanks to deregulation in certain aspects, we can protect ourselves and our assets as best we can.
SO HOW CAN YOU BEST INVEST FOR YOUR FUTURE?
Precious Metal Investment Opportunities
As was mentioned on our home page, there are two particular methods of investing in physical metals - 1. Owning precious metals outright, and 2. Adding precious metals to your individual retirement account to create a precious metals IRA.
On this page, we have provided you with information on the various companies you can invest with, in both methods mentioned. We have carried out extensive research to find the relevant information and data provided, and you will see that we link extensively to various sources to back up the recommendations we offer you on this page.
Option 1 -Owning precious metals outright
When it comes to metal investment, there are many firms out there in the marketplace that you can choose as your investment partner. However, we have recommended two in particular that you may want to consider. Of course, you can choose whoever you want, but we wanted to tell you about these two in particular, because of the reputation they both have within the precious metals investment niche.
Choice 1 - Regal Assets
Regal Assets have a reputation as one of the best gold ira rollover companies, but they are also one of the straightforward leading metal investment companies on the market.
You will see why Regal Assets has been proven to be one of the best companies to invest with and it's down to a number of key factors, which we have outlined below.
- They have A+ rating with ZERO complaints with the Better Business Bureau
- They also have an AAA rating with the Business Consumer Alliance and ZERO complaints
- The positive reviews they have on Trustlink is higher than any other provider, by miles - over 900
- They were ranked 20th in the USA for financial services in the Inc 500 list, out of 6 million private corporations. (click here for the news story)
- There are a number of benefits concerning Regal that give them an additional edge:
- They are an official retailer listed with the United States Mint
- They have done over $280 million in retirement account transfers
- Regal were the very first company to offer a live video tape of when client’s metals arrive at the depository for retirement accounts
- They also provide segregated storage to insure your metals are separate and not commingled
- In addtion, they provide you with the option of having your retirement account stored overseas without taxes or penalties
- And a whole lot more that you can check out on their website.
What Metals Do They Offer?
You can buy gold bullion and coins, silver bullion and coins, palladium bullion and coins and platinum coins only. At the time of writing this, they had 16 items in their gold selection, starting out with 1 oz gold bar up to a 1 kg gold bar and a varied choice of weight in between, along with a choice of gold coins including South African Krugerrand, Canadian Maple Leaf and the like . In their silver section, their smallest bullion is 10 oz bar and the next weight is 100 oz. The silver coin selection consists of Silver Canadian Maple Leaf, Silver Australian Kookaburra and Silver American Eagle to name just a few. Their Platinum and Palladium selection are small in comparison, but what is important to point out is that every item available through Regal, meets the IRA requirement set out by the IRS, so if you are buying for an ira rollover, you are completely covered.
It fair to say that Regal Assets do not offer the largest selection and they may bring into question why am I recommending them as a company to consider for your metal investment? It is down to reputation. There are many companies that have extremely large selections but the service they offer and the reputation they have don't compare to that of Regal.
You can call Regal Assets direct, with no obligation or pressure, and even simply ask for a free information pack, so youc an carry on with your research first. Call them direct on 855-628-9249
Choice 2 - GoldBroker -
As well as Regal Assets we are also recommending FDR Capital, also known online as Goldbroker.com who do specialize in actual bullion ownership, as well as IRA rollover (although they relatively new at this) and are in fact recognized as one of the leading international gold brokers. So if you are looking to invest in metals, other than for an IRA, you may want to consider them.
FDR Capital / Goldbroker.com was founded by entrepreneur Fabrice Drouin Ristori. They provide 100% physical ownership of silver and gold, which means they do not offer mutual or fractional ownership.
Also, what makes Goldbroker one of the leading metal providers around, is the fact that one of their board members is Mr Egon Von Greyerz. Mr Von Greyerz is the founder of Matterhorn Asset Management and is recognized within the financial sector as one of the top 5 gold fund managers worldwide.
Goldbroker.com store gold purchases in secure warehouses in Switzerland, The US, Canada and Singapore. Additionally, storage in Switzerland is within a VAT Free zone, so you do not pay value-added tax on your purchases. The storage company who keep hold of your items is independent of FDR Capital so there is no confusion over who actually owns the gold.
Benefits of buying gold through FDR Capital / Goldbroker.com are:
- You can buy physical gold and silver in bar and coin form
- You have complete ownership of the purchase
- You hold all stock in your own name with each purchase having its own unique serial number
- All storage partners are fully insured for your safety
- You can inspect your purchase at any time
- You can have home delivery once you have completed 1 years minimum secured storage
- It is stored in a VAT free zone
- There is no exit penalty whenever you wish to sell
WHAT METALS DO THEY OFFER?
The range of bullion and coins from GoldBroker is not too dissimilar from Regal Assets, they also offer Platinum and Palladium like Regal. Their gold bar selection starts at 1 oz and rises up to 1 kg (they offer 3 types of 1 kg bar, Royal Canadian, Cast and standard, compared to Regal only offering one type) However, when buying coins from GoldBroker, you do have to purchase in rolls of ten rather than as one-offs. With this in mind, if you are considering small investment, Regal Assets many be your better option.
Option 2 - Adding precious metals to your individual retirement account
The second option we mentioned, was concerning the option of adding precious metals to your IRA. With so many companies/providers and specialists on the market, it can be difficult to find out which one is the best to use. That's why we have provided a selection of reviews on the various leading companies for you. A great starting place as we provide the relevant information that will help you make the right decision when it comes to picking which of these companies is best for your financial future and planning your pension and a potential precious metals IRA rollover.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN PICKING A COMPANY
The most important and relevant information needed to consider when looking at any company to use for your 401k or ira rollover can be covered in 7 main elements, as outlined below.
- The BBB rating (click here for information on how the BBB rating works) and the number of complaints that have been registered in the last 3 years.
- Their Business Consumer Alliance rating.
- Their Trustlink rating which is determined by the number of reviews and score they get out of 5 from previous customers.
- Whether they provide an IRA facility or just sell precious metals
- The fees they charge.
- The quality of customer service
- Whether they use a 3rd part Custodian
Please note that the content on this website does not constitute financial advice and should not be taken as such. The owner of this site may be paid to recommend Regal Assets or other companies. The content on this website, including any positive reviews of Regal Assets and any other reviews, may not be neutral or independent. It is advisable to always speak to a certified financial advisor before making any investment decision.
Live Metals Prices
Information On The Best Precious Metals IRA Companies
Here is the relevant information concerning each company with a link to their full review and further details, if you wish to check them out further.
Overall Best Precious Metals IRA Company
Based on the above criteria , and as you can see from the table plus a few additional factors outlined below, Regal Assets comes out as the best of all the leading gold providers.
What Else You Can Expect From Regal Assets
First years fees covered – including admin, storage, and delivery.
One of the fastest transfer processes, -24 hours if you so wish
Fast account fulfillment – 7 business days meaning you don’t lose out on interest
Storage - Brinks Depository
One of the best buyback policies in the industry
Plus over ten years in operation
To Summarize Why Regal Assets are # 1: Out of all the companies reviewed, they have perfect ratings from both the BBB and the BCA, with zero complaints. They've over 900 positive reviews from past clients on Trustlink. They've one of the fastest transfer processes on the market, so you don't lose out. Also, they are the only provider that stores your investment in a Brinks depository, the safest available worldwide. Plus, they waive all fees within the first year and from year two onwards you only pay $250 a year. So from this, it is easy to see why you should consider at least talking to Regal Assets, with no obligation, and judge for yourself.
Order Your Complimentary Gold IRA ROllover Kit
Regal Assets provide a complimentary gold kit, full of valuable information concerning this investment:
- A DVD copy of the award-winning documentary on the secrets of the Federal Reserve;
- Forbes magazine investment guide;
- Guide on how to rollover your IRA & 401(k)
- And a special report on the performance of gold since 2008.
Simply click on the image above to order your today or click here,
OR CALL 1-855-628-9249
Additional Things To Consider When Selecting A Gold IRA Company
if you are seriously considering converting your IRA or 401k into a gold account (investment options are more limited in a 401k account than within a precious metals one*) then there are a number of things to consider when talking to any of these companies.
You will see from the table above that depending on which company you chose, the fees vary. Some charge a fixed fee while others charge either fixed and percentage or the fees vary depending on your investment. One thing to consider with various fees is the more your invest, the more you will have to pay.
Now because some companies have varying fee structures, don't let that put you off from investing for your future. The return you get from investing, far outways the investment in fees.
There are three areas of fees that need clarification from your provider so that you know what you are paying. The areas relate to the three sections of your account; Provider, Custodian, and Depository.
What You Will Need To Get Clarified With Your Chosen Provider Concerning Fees
- The fee for opening an account. A gold IRA is a tax deferring account which means it can only be opened by an IRS approved custodian. Each custodian charges differing fees, so if the provider you chose recommends a number of different custodians, you will need to check with each one. Normally you should expect to pay around $50 to open a new account.
- Fee for carrying out your transaction. When buying your metals to be added to your account, or if you invest in more gold at any time, you will need to pay a transaction fee. This fee will be applicable if you choose to sell any of your investment too. This also varies from custodian to custodian, but expect to pay in the region of $40 per transaction.
- Fee for maintaining your account. This is another varying fee depending on the custodian, but because of the importance of maintaining your account, a large number of custodians put this fee on their website. The range of the fee varies but can be from $50 to £250 plus a year, depending on the custodian.
- Fee for fund transfer. When you make your investment, the transfer into your account is done via wire transfer and this generates a fee. Each transfer is around $25.
- Fee For Storage. I mention below that when precious metals, its storage is vital otherwise you will be liable to pay tax. Once your purchase is complete, you'll want to store it in a depository. The fee for depository storage varies from depository to depository, also how you store your investment too can effect the yearly fee. You may want to have your metal segregated from others, this will, increase your fee. You should expect to pay between 0.5-1% of the value of your assets by way of a depository annual fee, plus any extras you choose, such as segregation.
Is Your Custodian Licensed by the IRS?
A custodian must be properly licensed by the Internal Revenue Service. There is a register of eligible custodians and whichever company you choose, they can confirm that the custodian they use is on that list.
What you also need to be aware of, if you are not already, is that a custodian is not allowed to offer actual financial advice nor can they sell you any investment products. Their role is to carry out the purchase and administration of your gold ira investment. In other words, they simply act on your behalf, they don't advise you, that is the job of your provider or financial advisor.
Make Sure Your Company Uses A Quality Depository
When purchasing gold silver, or platinum for your account, checking that the correct storage is being used by the company you choose is vital. Because the government sees these investments as cash since they can be liquidated easily anywhere in the world, you will be liable for tax on your bullion or coins if you hold them at home. To appreciate the tax benefits the metal you purchase for your rollover /retirement account must be held by a private depository of your choice in the US. Not only that but any good depository will allow you to visit any time you please.
A depository as you know is a secure building that is managed and protected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are many depositories located all around the US, so when setting up your rollover, you should be allowed to pick the nearest one to where you live. Furthermore, you can determine the quality of the depository by the quality of their insurance and legal separation.
Depository Insurance & Legal Separation.
I mentioned in the section on fees that you can if you so choose have your metals segregated from others, but that is not what I mean by legal separation. You want to make sure that the depository you use is insured to a high value (not all are) but also that they DO NOT take ownership of your assets in any way while they are being stored. The reason why this is important is because should anyone take legal action against the depository, your assets will be protected and not levied against the claim if they have not taken ownership.
* = Any IRA whether a Traditional or ROTH is able to be rolled over successfully into a physical gold account. A 401(k) is a little more complicated and your eligibility to convert it into precious metals depends on a number of factors. If rolling over your 401k is something you want to consider, then your custodian will be able to advise accordingly.